Managers account for at least 70% of the variance in team engagement and heavily influence employee wellbeing. How do you create a work environment where your team members feel empowered, productive, and engaged?
- Managing your emotion – have someone you can talk to when you feel emotional. Take a break and behave responsibly model correct behaviour.
- People like to be managed differently – determine how your workers preferred to be managed and acknowledge that one style does not work for all. Personality based self-awareness tests like the DISC can be helpful to determine team members strengths and weaknesses.
- The importance of process – provide relevant practical and easy to follow processes for workers. Make sure these are up to date and accessible. Provide inductions, position descriptions, and training for new employees.
- Provide feedback – provide feedback, be open and listen to employees, review position descriptions and tailor feedback to individuals.
- Building a team – create company vision and values, organise team meetings and social events, and prioritise time for team building.
Correctly managing employees can improve the culture, productivity, and efficiency of your workplace. Ignoring issues or hoping they go away often causes bigger problems later on. For organisational culture and management training contact us on (08) 9316 9896, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.