- On 3 January 2018
- casual, Employee, employees, Overtime
The Fair Work Commission has handed down a decision to vary part-time and casual employment clauses in 11 modern awards and a draft variation in a 12th award.
The affected entitlements include rates of overtime, periods of overtime, time off in lieu instead of payment for overtime and minimum work engagements among others. Each of the listed modern awards contain amended clauses that vary, so it is important that you check your relevant award for details of the changes.
The affected modern awards include:
- Fast Food Industry Award 2010
- General Retail Industry Award 2010
- Hair and Beauty Industry Award 2010
- Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2010
- Passenger Vehicle Transportation Award 2010
- Pastoral Award 2010
- Rail Industry Award 2010
- Registered and Licensed Clubs Award 2010
- Restaurant Industry Award 2010
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010
- Wine Industry Award 2010
A proposed variation to the Road Transport (Long Distance Operations) Award 2010 has also been put forward.
Many of the changes involve casual employees now being entitled to overtime pay when working more than 38 hours per week and changes to part-time employees’ minimum work hours.
For more information about the changes please visit the following link: https://www.fairwork.gov.au/about-us/news-and-media-releases/website-news/changes-to-casual-part-time-entitlements-in-some-awards
For advice regarding the changes and what it means for your business, please contact us on (08) 9316 9896 or firstname.lastname@example.org.