- On 1 February 2019
- Employee, employees, Employment, farm, OHS, OSH, Workplace Safety
A new typology report has found the agriculture industry workers’ compensation claim rate for 60 or more workdays has increased over the past five years.
In the report, the average claim rate for agriculture is 4.2 claims per 1000 workers which is compared with the average claim rate of three claims per 1000 workers for all industries.
According to the report, workers in the agriculture industry are 50% more likely to experience a significant injury than workers in all other industries.
Further statistics from the report include:
- Agriculture workers between the ages of 25 to 34 years represent a quarter of all industry claims for 60 or more workdays.
- Falls, body stressing, being hit by moving objects or vehicle incidents made up over 90% of the claims.
- 29% of all claims were caused by fall related injuries while almost two-thirds of fall-related injuries were falls from height.
- A quarter of all relevant claims were the result of body stressing injuries which were mainly due to either carrying or lifting objects. Injuries that came from being hit by moving objects represented 21% of all claims.
If you require assistance with compensation claims, please contact ProcessWorx on (08) 9316 9896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org