- On 22 October 2019
- annualreport, fairwork, underpayment
Fair Work Ombudsman have just revealed their 2018-2019 Annual Report findings, including a significant increase in recovered wages, record visits to Fair Work Ombudsman resources and firm enforcement of workplace laws.
18,000 underpaid employees equaled $40 million in recovered figures during the 2018-2019 financial year – the highest on record.
Other key wins from Fair Work Ombudsman included:
- 29,000 workplace disputes between workers and businesses resolved.
- 17.8 million visits to www.fairwork.gov.au to access information.
- $4.4 million in court-ordered penalties.
- $479,900 in on-the-spot fines for pay slip and record-keeping breaches.
- 2800 workplace audits
- 16,000 anonymous reports received
The Fair Work Ombudsman rules and regulations are no joke. ProcessWorx make it easier for all types of businesses to ensure they are HR compliant.